Elat Chayyim Center for Jewish Spirituality
and ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal
Shavuot with Reb Zalman and Eve Ilsen
June 3 – 6, 2014
Save the date! More information coming soon.
- All Night Learning - Tikkun Leil Shavuot
- Sunrise Shacharit - Ecstatic Prayer
- AdamahFoods First Fruits Farm-to-Feast Kiddush
- Deep teachings that renew Jewish spirituality today
- Midnight Hike to the top of the mountain
- Pilgrimage Parade with costumes and goats to "the Temple"
- Kosher Artisanal Cheeses & Cheesecake
- One-on-One Spiritual Direction opportunities
- Camp Teva - Torah & Outdoor Fun for Kids!
Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, was ordained at the Lubavitcher Yeshiva, and received his PhD at Hebrew Union College — Jewish Institute of Religion. Reb Zalman remains active in the educating and training of rabbis, cantors and rabbinic pastors in his role as founding rebbe of the ALEPH Ordination Programs. He is the founder of the Spiritual Eldering Institute and was "Holder of the Chair of World Wisdom" at Naropa University.
Eve Ilsen is a psychotherapist, teacher, storyteller and singer. She has studied closely with mythologist Joseph Campbell, Eutonia bodywork founder Gerda Alexander, and trained for years in Jerusalem in waking dream and the therapeutic use of imagery with Mme. Colette Aboulker-Muscat. Since returning to the United states in 1986, Ms. Ilsen has also worked in tandem with her husband, Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, co-creating the Wisdom School, co-leading workshops and partnering at holy day retreats. In 2008, she was ordained as a Rabbinic Pastor. These days, Eve is invoking transformative states by performing in concert, as a singer and a storyteller.